Our Vinho Verde is refreshing, easy drinking and pairs deliciously with seafood. Elevate your dinner any day of the week with this Salmon, Fennel, and Potato Soup Recipe. The recipe serves four and will not disappoint your dinner guests.
INGREDIENTS – Serves 4
• 1 small Fennel bulb, thinly sliced
• 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
• 1 small Leek, thinly sliced
• ¼ Tsp Smoked Paprika
• ¼ Tsp Fennel Seeds
• ¼ Tsp Celery Salt
• ¼ Tsp Dill
• 1 Cup Gooseneck Vineyards Wickford White (or dry white wine)
• 5 Cups Chicken Stock (sub veg stock, if needed)
• 1 Tsp Fish Sauce
• Arrowroot Slurry
• ½ lb. Baby Potatoes (we love @traderjoes Teeny Tiny Potatoes), sliced into ½ in rounds
• 1 Cup Coconut Milk
• 2 Salmon Fillets, cut into 1-2 in cubes
• Kosher Salt & Pepper
• Garnish: Fresh Dill
• Heat 2-3 Tbsp EVOO in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add fennel & garlic, stir and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add leeks and stir, 3-4 minutes. Add smoked paprika, fennel seeds, celery salt and dill, salt and pepper, stir to combine for 2 minutes.
• Pour in wine and stir, simmering for 2-3 minutes until reduced. Add stock and fish sauce, stir to combine.
• Make arrowroot slurry (1 tsp. Arrowroot w/2 tsp. water), stir into soup. Add potatoes, stir. Increase to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 7-9 minutes, checking potatoes along the way. Note: You want them to be softened but not mushy.
(Optional: To get a thicker, chowder consistency, scoop out 1-2 cups of the soup & blend. Add back in and stir!)
• Add in salmon and poach for 2-3 minutes, check broth and salt to taste.
• Remove from heat and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh dill or fennel fronds.
Credit – recipe by a New York City chef Jessica Masanotti